Hi I am Uma Kamat. I am an IB student with focus in Psychology & Biology, an ardent athlete, with
artistic bend and a budding social entrepreneur. I believe that integration of product design with
psychology will create a lasting relationship and usability. I am currently a DP1 Student Student in
Indus International School, Pune, India.
Born in Allentown, USA in December 2000, I moved to Pune, India in November 2003, with my
Internship: The Indian Red Cross Society, Pune Branch, July 2018.
"Effectiveness of Art therapy for Kids with Thalassemia"
Social Entrepreneurship: Co-foundered eSymptoms.info with my sister, Alka Kamat. It provides quick reference, illustrative and easy to read MEDcards for Disease Symptoms, Prevention & General Information, in multiple Indian Languages. We are focusing on rural India in 2018. In 2019, we will focus on Africa and Asia. Link
(1) Monash STEM Challenge 2017 (April 2018): Runner-ups over-all Competition & First in School (Aus $ 1000)
Entry - Pollution Devouring Vertical Plant Walls To Make Maharashtra Airborne Pollution Free. YouTube Link
(2) International TeleMediCon 2017 (November 2017): Best Student Social Responsibility Paper Award. Award & Presentation.
(3) International Schools MYP Basketball Championship (2015-16) & Runners-up (Team Captain, 2016-17) Reference
(4) State, Divisional & District Basketball Championship Under 14: Certificates
(1) Panelist on the Panel Discussion, "Digital Revolution in Healthcare - The Way Forward" IMA National Telemedicine Day, Army Referral & Research Hospital, March 24, 2018. Agenda, Slides,
(2) International TeleMediCon 2017 (November 2017): Joint Paper Presented at the Conference- "A Social Media Site/App for Lightening Distribution of Medical Information to Masses." Authors: Uma Kamat, Alka Kamat & Dr B S Ratta. Presentation, Abstract, Author Biography.
IB DP Extended Essay:
Is Art Therapy an effective solution for Kids with Distress?